BD-RE 25GB Branded
Blu-ray Disc (BD) is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), a group of leading consumer electronics and PC companies (including Dell, Hitachi, HP, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK and Thomson).
The format was developed to enable rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. A single-layer Blu-ray Disc can hold 25GB, which can be used to record over 2 hours of HDTV or 5 times more recording capacity of DVD/TV video quality than a standard DVD disc.
While current optical disc technologies such as DVD, DVDR, DVDRW, and DVD-RAM use a red laser to read and write data, the new format uses a blue-violet laser instead, hence the name Blu-ray.
- Supported by major electric companies (Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung)
- Rewritable format for HDTV recording and PC data storage
- Utilises a blue-violet laser to read and write data allowing for more data storage on a disc with the same size as a CD/DVD
- Wide power margin of Verbatim BD-media ensures superior drive compatibility
- Super hard coat protects data from scratches
- BD-RE recording hardware is required for recording
- Blu-ray player can also be used for BD-RE media playback